LED Blinking light when robot is in protective stop

Hello everyone.

In my current project, I control the robot remotely. I need to add LED light, which will alarm the operator that robot is in Protective stop, or have any other error. I cannot activate LED light when robot is in Protective stop, because robot do not commands while working in remote control and protective stop occures. Is there any chance of doing it?

I think solution must be this:

I’ll connect the bulb to 24v power supply of the robot and control it with digital output with function: Low on unscheduled stop, otherwise high. I’ll connect Normally Open relay to the robot digital output. When robot goes into the error, Digital output will become low, thus, relay will get closed and LED get activated.

How do you think?

As long as you use the Normally Closed contact of your relay, sure. Otherwise you could just use “High when not running” though this won’t capture specifically unscheduled stops

Thanks, I will try this.

BTW, If I use digital output ports for power supply, robot will get damaged by high current, doesn’t it?

The outputs on the robot controller are capable of sourcing 2A (3 if powered by an external power supply). So if your load draws more than that, it will fault out. Otherwise you’re fine.

Thanks a lot for your support.