Is there a way to get the current energy consumption?

We are planning to use a UR3 in a mobile application and would like to get the current energy consumption. Is there a way to get this value? (or even an information on consumption of controller box and the arm itself?)

1 Like

Various voltage and current information is available through the RTDE:

https://www.universal-robots.com/how-tos-and-faqs/how-to/ur-how-tos/real-time-data-exchange-rtde-guide-22229/

1 Like

perfect. Missed that somehow.

When looking into the energy consumption of a UR5 robot, we found things in the RTDE data that I just do not understand: “actual_current” (actual joint current, 48V DC) values seem implausibly high. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that their sum should more-or-less match the “actual_robot_current” (48V DC again), but in reality, it is 6-8 times higher. It is also higher than what would follow from the power measured on the AC supply. The robot current itself is consistent with our external measurements. Am I misunderstanding something? Does anyone know the reason?

Old post, but in case anyone need the answer.
Motors are controlled with inverters that convert current and tension, hence sum of motor currents are not equal to actual_robot_current

1 Like