Is it possible to have robot executes a series of io's while moving back to the next peice on the pallet

Hi all ,

I have a Robot feeding parts off a board into a machine controlled by the robots io’s is it possible to trigger those io’s and have the robot continue to the next peice all at once? Currently the robot waits until all the io’s are triggered then moves on to the next peice essentially wasting time. I played around with events but im not exactly a UR expert any advice would be much appreciated

GL

Hello GL,

There should at most be a stop between two waypoints for a few milliseconds when setting outputs. What is making your robot wait?
If you have actual Wait commands in your program, then you can try to supress them and see if it helps. :slight_smile: The Waits are probably there to make sure some external stuff has taken place.

Alternatively, you can save your program on a USB and upload here. Or just send a screenshot of the program.

1 Like

I agree with efn that more information would be beneficial to provide tailored assistance.

However, I can offer a suggestion assuming that OP needs to wait for external inputs.

Consider utilizing Threads. These allow for simultaneous execution of tasks within the Universal Robots script. In this context, threads can help optimize the workflow by enabling the robot to perform multiple actions concurrently, such as waiting for external inputs while continuing other operations. This can potentially enhance efficiency and remove the waiting behavor that you are seeing.