How to check mounting settings are correct

Hi, I keep receiving the following message “Incorrect robot mounting detected. Check the mounting settings in the installation”. when I try to start my UB3.

It is correctly mounted as nothing has changed since I started using it, I’ve tried to change the settings but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

If the physical mounting matches the settings in the Installation setup then the problem might be the accelerometers within the tool flange. This sort of problem is only correctable by replacing the tool flange usually. I would try a cold reset first though to make sure it’s not a fault bit latched in the firmware of that device.

1 Like

In terms of physical mounting, the installation setup is orientated correctly on the mounting tab.

How do I do a cold reset? We attached a gripper ring to the flange but the screws we used were tiny. We’ve had the robot sent away to UR for the tool flange issue before, having been replaced then.

~WRD0000.jpg

image798028.png

For the cold reset, perform the following:

1. Shutdown the robot as usual from the hamburger menu.
  2. Unplug the controller power cable from its source.
  3. Press and hold the power button in the teach pendant for 5 seconds.
  4. Plug the controller back in, and power the robot on normally.

This process can be found in the service manual under “Complete Rebooting Sequence” if you need it in the future.

I had the same issue with our UR3 robot, I tried everything with software to try and correct the issue. Down to new installation files etc. Turned out to be a broken cable within wrist 2 which I believe feeds to the accelerometers. Repaired this and everything was functional again.