De-palletizing routine dynamically adjusting the number of layers

We have an application where we load small pumps into a test station. The pumps are delivered in plastic trays which hold 14 pumps, we are planning to use the de-palletizing routine to unload the pump’s from the trays into the test machine. The proposed number of trays is 4 high. However this relies on the operator loading the correct number of trays. To check this i have programmed a search routine which returns the number of trays in the stack, can I use this number to adjust the number of layers in the de-palletizing routine so the pumps are unloaded from the correct layer? I have tried adjusting the Pallet1.cnt variable in the program but the robot stops when this is activated.

Also when I am moving the robot to the depalletizing position the move to the waypoint before the calling the depalletizing routine the robot always stops at that point even though a blend radius has been assigned. The robot makes a clunk sound when it stops and I would like to smooth this transition.

You’re right in thinking you have to edit Pallet_1_cnt. If you have 4 layers with 10 parts in each layer, Pallet_1_cnt will count to 40 and the depalletizing will be finished.
So if you were to change Pallet_1_cnt to 10 instead of 0 (or 11 and 1 - I don’t remember the start value) before the palletizing starts, the robot should start at layer 2 instead of 1.

The “clunk” sound you’re mentioning is a very bad sound. It will put excessive wear on the robot, and it will fail prematurely. So you will want to fix that asap. :slight_smile:
That being said, a blend between a waypoint and a following Palletizing template should work. You don’t have any commands in-between those two, do you?
I have seen older versions of Polyscope not always handling blend optimally. If you’re running an older version, maybe an update would do the trick. :slight_smile: