Xmlrpc on Windows

I would like to know if it’s possibile to implement the xmlrpc server on Windows10. We tried to implement it and execute the code, but the robot connection timed out. It looks like the robot cannot communicate with the server on Windows (on Ubuntu, the same code runs perfectly).

1 Like

I’d put my money on Windows firewall blocking it…

I saw the same connection timed out behavior until I disabled the firewall on my windows 10 machine, then it worked fine with python 3.8.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Without the firewall everything works perfectly!

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. The firewall blocks the communication under window 10.
Is there a procedure to configure the firewall both way between the robot and the computer ?
I do not want to shut down my firewall on my computer, I have an internet connection on it.

Thanks for support

Florent.

You also have a firewall inside the robot :
Settings / Security / General
If in the parameter Restriction you specify the port of the XML RPC server (or a range containing it) the connection fails

Thank you @androidflorent. I checked the parameter restriction under the robot and it is blank.
So it’s my firewall configuration which is not enough permissive.

More details on the solution found for a python xmlrpc server running under windows 10.

Python xmlrpc server :

xmlrp_server

Firewall configuration

I created a new rule in the firewall for the incoming communication : Python_for_xmlrpc_50000

1 Like