How Do I Check My Current Payload and COG?

Well I didn’t get paid by UR, but I did add payloads to the CAP. That was mostly copy/paste logic from the TCP side. And I went ahead and made them automatically update in real time without needing to close/open the toolbar. That was…a little more work than I expected.

Ironically, the only way it DOESN’T automatically update the toolbar is if you use that “Test” button on the Set nodes to set the TCP as active. But since that’s a pretty dumb way of setting it in the first place, I don’t much care. I think the same goes for clicking the “Set Active” on the Payload in the installation.

TCPhelper-2.0.0.urcap (322.4 KB)

Notes:

• Requires Polyscope 5.11
  • Considers TCPs with the same translational offset but different rotation values as the same, so might screw up with those. Hopefully that’s like…not ever the case. (Inconsistent return value for TCP rotations) If you enter your orientation as RPY in radians it works fine. This is outside my control due to how the API provides this information.
  • Tapping the actual arrow in the dropdown might cause some odd behavior if trying to change the TCP or payload while a program is running. (I wouldn’t advise doing that anyway but hey, that’s just me.) This is because, for some reason, the arrow is not part of the dropdown box, and therefore doesn’t register as “onClick().” Anywhere else in the box works.

1 Like