Setting safety speed

I know about the safety configuration, but my UR10 is behaving differently:

If I set the speed as shown in the image to 35cm/s, the robot moves with a maximal speed of 20cm/s which is around 150mm/s less than I specified which relates to the unlabeled entry right to the edit fields.

What does the value of “-150mm/s” mean? If I click on the checksum, the maximal speed is given as 350mm/s but my robot only moves with 200mm/s.

The values to the right are always subtracted from the set value as an extra safety threshold.
So your observations are correct. So the same would be the case for both the Force and Momentum limit as well.

I need a hard limit of 25cm/s but if I set the limits so that my robot is moving at this speed, the user (or his supervisor, or the labor union) will see a value of 40cm/s which is 60% higher than legally allowed.
Is there a way to reduce this subtracted value for lower speeds?

Could you clarify a bit how I should set the maximal velocity? If I set the speed to 25, I only get 10, (only 40% of the allowed speed which is not enough for my application), but if I set it to 40, you don’t guarantee me a speed limit of 25, which is a show stopper in my environment.

Hey!

Could I get an update to this issue? Does it really mean that I have to buy safety at a price of 60% of my speed?

The question is, why set the robot to a max. speed of 250 mm/s. No standard requires that.

It is mandatory to do a risk assessment, and based on this, you can define the necessary safety settings.
It depends vastly on the shape of end-effectors and the moving payload and momentum.
If necessary, you can define a certain speed, and perform a measurement of collision forces and pressures, and hold these against the values listed in Annex A in ISO/TS 15066.

1 Like

“No standard requires that.” It’s what I had to sign before testing the robot in the customer’s car factory. And even if my limit was higher, I still would never be able to run the robot with the allowed speed.