Errors with HelloWorld and myDaemon (running the Starter Package)

Hi,
I’m new to UrCaps so I just downloaded the Starter Package for:
URSim 3.3.4.310
URCaps SDK 1.0.1.8
(running at VMware Workstation 12 Player)

Following the instructions I just opened Eclipse and checked out the HelloWorld program.
But I’m immediately getting this Error:
Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:2.4.0:manifest (execution: bundle-manifest, phase: process-classes) pom.xml /helloworld line 76 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem

If I build the HelloWorld program, it seems to run fine in the Simulation.

Importing the MyDaemon sample to Eclipse i get this:

Ignoring it the program fails in simulation.
So what am I doing wrong?

I have noticed this error as well. Typically I ignore this error without any issues during run time. This error doesn’t seem like it’s something you’re doing wrong but more of an issue with the maven plugin running in Eclipse. Looking into the maven-bundle-plugin running on Eclipse may help resolve the error.

I got the same issue when trying to build the daemon with mvn install:

first issue is that “scons” was missing in starterpackage…so i installed it…
mvn install gives me following errors:

[INFO] Scanning for projects…
[WARNING]
[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for com.ur.urcap.examples:mydaemon:bundle:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[WARNING] ‘build.plugins.plugin.version’ for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin is missing. @ line 62, column 12
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.
[WARNING]
[INFO]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building MyDaemon 1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-resources-plugin:3.0.2:resources (default-resources) @ mydaemon —
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (UTF-8 actually) to copy filtered resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] Copying 5 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-compiler-plugin:3.6.0:compile (default-compile) @ mydaemon —
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO]
[INFO] — exec-maven-plugin:1.1:exec (compile-daemon) @ mydaemon —
[INFO] scons: Reading SConscript files …
[INFO] Release build…
[INFO] Warning: urtool3 cross-compiler is missing. This build will most likely fail or the daemon will not run properly on the robot.
[INFO] Building URCap daemon
[INFO] scons: done reading SConscript files.
[INFO] scons: Building targets …
[INFO] g++ -o Data.o -c -Wno-deprecated -Wall -O2 -DNDEBUG -I. -Iservice -I/usr/include Data.cpp
[INFO] g++ -o HelloWorld.o -c -Wno-deprecated -Wall -O2 -DNDEBUG -I. -Iservice -I/usr/include HelloWorld.cpp
[INFO] In file included from HelloWorld.cpp:8:0:
[INFO] service/AbyssServer.hpp:4:33: fatal error: xmlrpc-c/registry.hpp: No such file or directory
[INFO] #include <xmlrpc-c/registry.hpp>
[INFO] ^
[INFO] compilation terminated.
[INFO] scons: *** [HelloWorld.o] Error 1
[INFO] scons: building terminated because of errors.
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 1.411s
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Feb 09 17:55:00 CET 2017
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/18M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.1:exec (compile-daemon) on project mydaemon: Result of /bin/sh -c cd /home/ur/sdk-1.0.1-8/samples/com.ur.urcap.examples.mydaemon/daemon && scons release=1 execution is: ‘2’. → [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] MojoExecutionException - Apache Maven - Apache Software Foundation

It works if you comment out the C++ compile, seems to be a problem with C++ daemon like discussed before in this topic.
Read this: Installing fail urcap-sdk-1.0.0.7 using install.sh

If you comment out that part, the compilation works but in the Simulation the Daemon still Fails:

Oh yes you´re right…got the same issue here…

MyDeamon requires the UR Tool Chain to build and execute the C++ code.
The tool chain only runs on 64-bit Linux with Intel chip, hence you cannot utilize this with the Starter Package.

Also check out this topic.

Ok, I noticed before that the c++ daemon wont run in the starter package, but why isn’t the Python daemon running?

Is it possible to get a 32-bit version of urtool installer?

I need it to test an URCAP daemon on my 32-bit linux virtual machine. My daemon actually fails to start when running within Ursim.

1 Like

For me, the solution was:

• Comment the part in pom.xml that concern execution “clean-deamon” and “compile-deamon”
  • Creating the /programs folder (yes in / , not in ~/ursim****/programs)
  • Launch ursim with sudo (that why we created the /programs, otherwise ursim can’t launch)

I need to specify that I’m running the official Starter-pack, but a Ubuntu 16.04 with ursim and the sdk manualy installed.

(Also, if you compile the deamon on the starter pack but the error is “My deamon failed”, it should work if you test it on the real robot)

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@simone.chiappa
Having an option for a 32-bit version of the Cross Compiler would be a feature request.
You are welcome to post this in the feature request category including a use case for why this is needed.

I stumble the same issue too.
After googling around, I can ignore this “harmless” error by clicking the error and press Ctrl+1 (Quick Fix) and choose to ignore it.

Regarding the error itself, please refer to: